Re: sqlplus /nolog can't manage instance

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:35:04 +1000

It reports a sqlnet error because (I suspect) you're using that bequeath stuff (unnecessarily it seems to me) and haven't configured things correctly.

Try a nice, simple TCP/IP protocol set up, with all the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora, and get that working. Then you can start getting adventurous.

Regards
HJR "Pan Tao" <pantao_fz_at_21cn.com> wrote in message news:ajado9$27kb$1_at_mail.cn99.com...
> Hi, Rogers
> really sorry for my poor expression,
>
> "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> >

> > As for the rest of what you wrote, I'll take it a step at a time:
> >
> > "So in normal case, connect to privileged users will not connect to the
> > database instance".
> >
> > What? Of course privileged users connect to an Instance, just like
> > non-privileged users. There's just one exception: when the database is
> > shutdown, and the privileged user seeks a connection in order to start
it
> > up, then obviously they don't connect to the Instance. They connect to
the
> > Listener, request a Server Process, and that Server Process then goes
> about
> > the business of creating the Instance, mounting the database and opening
> the
> > database.
> I mean to the database is shutdown situation. but For local user (without
> useing
> the alias name) to connect to system, I think the sqlplus dirrectly use
> bequeched
> protocol to connect oracle and listener server is not involved in, since
SID