slow inserts from Web into Oracle on Unix

From: Ashok Kumar <avkumar_71_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Aug 2002 21:56:02 -0700

Hi,

We have a Web App with ASP Scripts, IIS and Oracle Backend.

Inserting data from the web to Oracle on a NT Box gets me approx 8000 Rows / 60 seconds.

Inserting data from the web to Oracle on a UNIX Box gets me approx 800 Rows / 60 seconds.

Any pointers to what might be contributing to such a slow response from the UNIX box. The Oracle version is 8.06. The Web Server and the database are on seperate physical boxes.

Many thanks
ashok Received on Mon Aug 12 2002 - 23:56:02 CDT