Re: sqlplus /nolog can't manage instance

From: Pan Tao <pantao_fz_at_21cn.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:44:45 +0800

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:3d587236_at_dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> That description of the error states that you should "Check addresses used
> for proper protocol specification. Before reporting this error, look at
the
> error stack and check for lower level transport errors.For further
details,
> turn on tracing and re-execute the operation. Turn off tracing when the
> operation is complete."
>

> > And my question is: ORA-12560 error means the oracle instance is not
> > started(?).
> > But while connect sys/change_on_install as sysdba under sqlplus /nolog
> > condition,
> > it seems the instance need not has been started. Bacause in normal case,
> > startup
> > commmand will be used to start the instance. So what may be the problem?
> >

> Sort out your networking components (just a daft question, but why do you
> insist on the bequeath protocol?).

Because I had try to stop the listener service, and if the oracle instance is started, the sqlplus can connect to it, so I think the tnsname.ora is not used.
And since use connect user/password without specifing the network service name,
listener service is not used is reasonably, I think without the network service name,
only bequeath protocol can be used. Also in my impression there are some error using bequeath protocol connection in sqlnet.log, I think the error may be
produced the this opeation( I were no sure then, I am a newby for oracle).

Now I have found the error message created by the operation:

/***********************

Fatal NI connect error 12560, connecting to:

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle)(ARGV0=oraclehappy)(ARGS ='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))'))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=hap py)(CID=(PROGRAM=F:\oracle\ora81\bin\SQLPLUS.EXE)(HOST=PANTAO)(USER=Administ rator))))

  VERSION INFORMATION:
 TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production  Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
  Time: 13-8月 -2002 11:16:10
  Tracing not turned on.
  Tns error struct:
    nr err code: 0
    ns main err code: 12560
    TNS-12560: TNS:协议适配器出现错误
    ns secondary err code: 0
    nt main err code: 530
    TNS-00530: 协议适配器错误
    nt secondary err code: 2
    nt OS err code: 0

> > Another insteresting question is : since the instance has not been
> started,
> > how the
> > username/password is verified? The sqlplus(svrmgrl) problem read the
user
> > table
> > itself? It seems be so, isn't it?
>
> Asked and answered regularly. Privileged users (which is what the 'as
> sysdba' means you are) are authenticated either by a password file, or by
> you, the machine user, having logged onto the Windows box, and thus
acquired
> membership of the ORA_DBA local group.

Oh, it is so. So in normal case, connect to privileged users will not connect
to the database instance. But in my situation, it connects to, so I think there may be some wrong with the privileged setting so priveleged can't be verified normally, and it try to connect to instance to verify it. I think the user sys and system can also be verify by the user table since they can change their password.
And then I check the ORA_DBA local group, the user Administrator is in it. Oh, a little disappoint. But I think it may be the privilege problem lies somewhere. I will try to find.

thanks a lot
PanTao Received on Mon Aug 12 2002 - 23:44:45 CDT