Re: NT hot backup

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:34:30 -0400

I'm quite aware of the need to put tablespaces into backup mode before backing them up. What I was asking about was that once I've placed a tablespace into backup mode, I need to backup the open datafiles of that tablespace. Oracle provides an OCOPY.EXE program to do that because Microsoft's copy and xcopy commands will not copy open files properly. I wanted to know if I had to OCOPY the files first, then compress them, or can I use the compress utility directly to copy and compress the open datafiles without ocopy?

--
Chuck