Re: SAN architecture and Oracle databases

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:08:54 GMT

Anders Hellstrom wrote:

> We are getting ready to implement a SAN with our Oracle databases, so
> I need some help in planning. Has anyone out there implemented a SAN
> with Oracle 8i or 9i. If so what are your suggestions on placement on
> redo logs, indexes, control files, temp tablespace, data tablespaces
> etc.
> Thank you
> Anders

Haven't personally. But based on the advice of a friend that is an expert HP/UX SysAdmin for one of the largest banks in the US ... don't. He considers it 'not ready for prime time'. His complaint is that it is not robust, that there are too many points of failure. and he's tired of cleaning up the messes.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Aug 12 2002 - 13:08:54 CDT