PL/SQL - Returning resultset-like values from functions

From: Carsten Alexander <acamat_at_web.de>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:15:24 -0000

Hi, all

I'm quite new in PL/SQL but experienced in other program languages. I started with some basic functions returning a single value from function so I can use the syntax

SELECT [Package].[Function(Parameter)] FROM DUAL

This works already fine.

What comes next is the implementation of function which return resultset-like structures of non-existing tables. Can I accomplish syntaxes like

SELECT [Package].[Function(Parameter)].[Member] FROM DUAL or SELECT [Package].[Function(Paramter)] FROM DUAL with the output

%: Member1 Member2 Member3
%: Value1 Value2 Value3

The members are basic types. Any hint or information would be very helpful.

--
Regards,
Acamat