Win2K- How to start DB? thru Services or Sql*Plus?

From: José Arango <arango_at_caribe.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:28:55 -0400

Hello everyone,

I'm learning Oracle so I installed Oracle 8i (Release 2) on my Win2K laptop. There are two ways for starting the database: one is thru Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services and the other using Sql*Plus and then typing startup. I wonder: which method is better?

I have noticed that if I shutdown the database in SqlPlus...it doesn't sync up with Services. I mean...When I shutdown the DB in Sqlplus I'm thinking that when I'll go to Services I'll see the Database entry as STOPPED and the thing is that it's still saying STARTED (how come?).

Please share your comments.

thanks in advance,
José Received on Sat Aug 10 2002 - 14:28:55 CDT