Re: Please Help

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 22:17:51 +1000

Check your services.

Make sure you stop all Oracle-related services, then try deleting the file.

Or, startup in safe mode, and you should find deletion becomes possible.

Incidentally, 8i was not certified for XP. Only 9i.

To pre-empt your next question, it is possible to delete the Oracle services easily -provided you do so *before* removing the Oracle software itself (a tool called oradim is provided for the purpose). But since you've already deleted the Oracle software, you are going to have to delve into the registry editor (regedt32) to remove all the appropriate services (and related keys) by hand.

Regards