Re: triggers, db jobs, & raising errors

From: Neal Helman <nhelman_at_peakpeak.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 04:53:25 GMT

So would there be another method for calling a stored procedure from another stored procedure such that the caller continues while the other runs? We were trying to achieve some degree of parallelism in processes (vs. in a single query). Is there some distinction between a "batch job" and a "stored procedure" that I'm missing, other than that the latter necessarily resides in the database?

Thanks,
Neal