Re: System Crash, how to restore database?

From: David Van Zandt <dvanzandt_at_iquest.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 21:24:27 -0500

I agree with Karen -- provided that through your (documented and tested) recovery plan you have a cold, off-line backup of the database, AND a combination of warm backups and archivelogs sufficient to bring you to the point in time desired. You are running in archivelog mode, of course?

Why wouldn't the RDBMS binaries be on the OS backup? A reinstall seems superfluous.

Your "dbf" files.... I get a cold chill you didn't mention your control files, redo logs, and init files....

Good luck!

Dave Van Zandt, OCP