restrict sysdba access

From: toot <toot_toot3_at_excite.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 18:54:43 -0700

I'm using Oracle 8.1.6
I just did a fresh installation and created new database. I changed sys and system passwords and created a new user (newbduser).

My problem is that if try to login as user "sys", "system", or "newdbuser" as SYSDBA. Put in an incorrect password. You will be given acess to the database.

This does not work when trying to log in as NORMAL or SYSOPER.

Any idea on what could be wrong??

Thanks in advance,
toot Received on Fri Aug 09 2002 - 20:54:43 CDT