Re: Oracle 8.0.6.2 MTS configuration..need help?

From: Dominica Leung <dominica_l_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Aug 2002 16:17:03 -0700

Hi Sybrand,

Thank you.
I am very curious about what you think about MTS. Since I really VALUE your opinion. (I know you know a lot of in Oracle). Basically, my small machine E420 R , 4 CPU, 4Gig of memory .
Has 2000 processes and currently has 970 processes on NON-MTS(dedicated server) , and the unix 's "TOP" has very high load, and now my upper management at work, is thinking about going to MTS. But today, I was talking to tech support to Oracle about Net8. They says MTS is quite slow , I am running oracle 8.0.6.2.

And then my upper management also was thinking about connection manager... to have more connection pools. I have NOT read about connection manager yet.

But not sure whether going MTS route will actually help out the HEAVY LOAD performance in this machine. This machine has 532 'select " per second.

Dominica