Re: db_block_lru_latches

From: Mike Ault <mikerault_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 9 Aug 2002 11:23:32 -0700

It would nice for you to bound your statements Gentlemen as in "At least with Oracle8.1.x.x on such and such an OS I have found that using greater than x db_block_buffers..." you make it sound like all versions of Oracle are affected by these problems.

At my current client we are using 400,000 16K buffers and have not seen the problems you are stating on 8.1.7.3 64bit on HP. In fact, we are using all buffers most of the time and have not seen any of the buffer problems you describe.

Mike Ault