Re: sqlplus /nolog can't manage instance

From: Keld Nielsen <keldnielsen_at_image.dk>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 19:42:34 +0200

"Pan Tao" <pantao_fz_at_21cn.com> wrote in message news:aj0aij$1pbf$1_at_mail.cn99.com...
> Hi, all
>
> My server is Oracle 8.16 + win2000 advance
server. And I create a instance
> oratest. If I use service to start the service,
the service can be started
> and sqlplus can login normally. But if the
instance is not start up, and I
> use sqlplus /nolog to login,it will failed as
below:

> E:\NTDDK\src\general\portio>sqlplus /nolog
>
> SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on
星期五 8月 9 19:49:59 2002

> (c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All
rights reserved.

> SQL> connect / as sysdba
> ERROR:
> ORA-12560: TNS: 协议适配器错误(adapter error)
>
> svrmgrl will get the same error. It quite
confused me.
> attachment is my oracle registry setting.What
may be the problem?

> thanks,
> PanTao

Hi PanTao,

My personal opinion is that one should avoid attaching files at all.

It's no doubt done in the best of interest, but attaching a file
with the reg extention is - well, not especially healty for
the oracle installation (registry) if someone by mistake double click
on it after it has been saved or perhaps just clicking on
it (for some obscure reason, I haven't tried).

And as you probably know, real men don't backup - they cry !

Next time, please rename it to .txt and try to read it yourselve
before posting it - not many people like to spend their
spare time translating hex

;) Keld. Received on Fri Aug 09 2002 - 12:42:34 CDT