Problems with 9iAsR2 OIDDAS, REPORTS....Please advise...

From: Henry Kam <kam1_at_whwpe.lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 15:23:37 GMT

9iAsR2 infrastructure and middle-tier are installed on the same machine (NT4Sp6)

http://test.company.com:1810 works...

Infrastructure: HTTP port:7777
  Components: "HTTP","Internet Directory",OC4J_DAS",

"Single Sign-on:7777" are up

"BC4J","Clickstream","OC4J_Demo","OC4J-home" are down

Middle-tier: HTTP port: 7779

  Components: "Discoverer","BC4J","Forms","HTTP",

"OC4J_BI_Forms","OC4J_Demo",'OC4J_home","OC4J_Portal",
"OC4J_Wireless","Portal 7778",
"Reports:rep_test1","Single Sign-on:7777",
"Web Cache" are up;

"Clickstream" and "WIRELESS" are down

Have problem to login (from the login page) of "SSO","PORTAL", "OIDDAS" and have problem runing report demo

0. netscape 4.79 is the Browser
1. browse to http://test.company.com:7777/pls/orasso/orasso.home
2. able to login as orcladmin
3. click "Oracle Portal(portal)": the URL shown on the "location" line
is

http://test.company.com:7778/portal/page?_pageid=1.1.1_30460&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

4. click "login" on the "Oracle9iAS Portal" page 5. the following error shows up
 "Netscape is unable to locate the server test1.wwsso_app_admin.Is_login.dom:7777";

while the URL shown on the location is
http://test.wwsso_app_admin.Is_login.com:7777/orasso/orasso.wwsso_app_admin.Is_login

6. browse to http://test.company.com:7777/oiddas 7. click "login or Diectrory or Configuration or My Profile"

   on the "Internet Directory" page

8. Same error as 5.

9. click "Test a JSP Web Report" or "Test a Paper Report on the Web"

   when browsing thru

        http://test.company.com:7779/
        click Demonstration
        click Business Intelligence and Forms
        click Reports Services demo
        click "Test a JSP Web Report"
        enter "rep_test" for Reports Server
        enter userid/password_at_iasdb (try scott/tiger;system/manager..)
        Run Report

   and get the same error as 5.

I can not figure out

where is "http://test.wwsso_app_admin.Is_login.com:7777/" coming from?

After searching on the web, I run "ssodatan" which fixes the problem of "login" from "SSO/Portal" login page; but errors for OIDDAS and reports demo are still occurring...

Searching the web again, but find no tip/fix...

I think that REPORTS/OIDDAS need to be configured again, but I was not able to find the Procedure... or that SSO may still need to configure after "ssodatan" or OTHERS!!!

It will be much easier if there are separate commands/procedures for "EACH" component to be configured/start/stop as well as all components as a whole....

Please advise.......

TIA,
Henry

P.S.
Most of the DEMOS in J2EE and Web Cache work... Portal (orcladmin can login and access administration) Discoverer works Received on Fri Aug 09 2002 - 10:23:37 CDT