Re: restrict user IP on Oracle server

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.WessmanNO_SPAM_at_oracle.com>
Date: 9 Aug 2002 05:24:57 -0700

Another way would be to use the "valid nodes" feature. The following parameters would be set in sqlnet.ora:

tcp.validnode_checking = YES
tcp.excluded_nodes = {list of IP addresses}

                                    Rick

In article <3D537C26.D616A9D9_at_oracle.com>, Richard says...

>--------------ECA2567D266D93353A8BD1A5
>
>Hi Debuger,
>
>One way to do this would be to use Connection Manager.
>
>Check the Net Admin. manual for details.
>
>Regards
>
>Richard
>
>Debuger wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want to know how to restrict user's IP and I don't want it login to
>> Oracle serve,
>>
>> Thanks
>> Debuger
>--------------ECA2567D266D93353A8BD1A5
>
>begin:vcard
>n:;Richard
>x-mozilla-html:FALSE
>version:2.1
>email;internet:Richard.Foote_at_oracle.com
>fn:Richard Foote
>end:vcard
>
>--------------ECA2567D266D93353A8BD1A5--

                                Rick Wessman
                                Oracle Corporation

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.