Producing SQL statments from trace files fails.

From: Sam Talebbeik <sam777t_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2002 17:35:49 -0700

I am running Oracle 8.1.7 on NT . I have set the SQL_TRACE= TRUE in the init.ora file. The trace files get created in the udump directory.

However when I look at the trace files or the output created by the tkprof I do not see any of the SQL statements that is generated by the application. I even went into sqlplus and issued "alter session set sql_trace=true" , issued a sql statement, and exited from sqlplus. I still do not see the text of the sql statement. All sql statements seem to be internal server statements

The output of the tkprof claims that
the number of user level SQL statements is 0.

Here is the last part of the tkprof output :

    0 user SQL statements in session.
 1150 internal SQL statements in session.  1150 SQL statements in session.

Trace file: ora817snp0.trc
Trace file compatibility: 8.00.04
Sort options: default
     460  sessions in tracefile.
       0  user  SQL statements in trace file.
  264500 internal SQL statements in trace file.     1150 SQL statements in trace file.

       5 unique SQL statements in trace file.     8067 lines in trace file.

Anyone knows why ?

    Thanks,
    Sam Received on Thu Aug 08 2002 - 19:35:49 CDT