Class not found: oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller

From: John Purser <j_purser!_at_!yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 15:03:32 GMT

When I try to install Oracle 9i on Solaris 8 I get the following message:

$ /cdrom/cdrom0/runinstaller
$ Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /tmp/OraInstall/jre/bin/jre. Please
wait...
Class not found: oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller

I've searched the net and the archives and I've seen that other people have had this problem, but I've not seen a solution posted.

TIA John Received on Thu Aug 08 2002 - 10:03:32 CDT