Re: Forcing PQ

From: Herman de Boer <h.de.boer_at_itcg.nl>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 09:34:07 GMT

Hello Billy,

try other join methods: use_hash instead of use_nl. Set the hash_area_size to a value of at least 20 Mbyte.

Also check: parallel_max_servers, and the number of available slaves (select slave_name, status from v$pq_slave). Is there a sequence used or a stored function?

It would be useful for this kind of questions to include the query and the plan in the post, along with relevant parameters.

Kind Reghards,

Herman de Boer.
sr consultant
IT Consultancy Group bv.