Re: 9i (9.2.0.1.0) Install problems

From: <peter.peltonen_at_iki.fi>
Date: 8 Aug 2002 08:41:35 GMT

Pootie <pootie_at_london.com> wrote:
> The problem is when it get to the point where the various assistants are
> supposed to kick in, they fail. The DB never gets created, etc. I am not
> savvy enough to understand what is happening, but I am sure one who has gone
> down this install road has the proper solution. I would appreciate the
> help.

I had a similiar problem under RH7 -- The assistants failed. There were two reasons for it:

  1. My ORACLE_SID variable was set wrongly so the DB Assistant failed.
  2. I had smnpd and a Dell's SNMP based hardware monitoring tool running which prevented the Agent Assistant from starting.

I`ve also heard of cases where you just had to Retry the execution of the DB Assistant for it to work.

Regards,
Peter Received on Thu Aug 08 2002 - 03:41:35 CDT