Mass Deletions From Tables

From: Stephen Ferracioli <sferraci_at_pioneer-usa.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 18:34:14 GMT

My company is using SAP Business Warehouse (BW). BW allows us modify update rules and to re-load existing data transparent to the user. When the loads are complete, the previous packets of data are deleted. My question is this:

When a table approx 500Mb in size grows by another 500Mb and then the first 500 Mb is deleted, will Oracle reclaim the space that is now no longer in use or do I need to reorganize (i.e. export/import) the table to get that space back?

Thanks

Stephen Ferracioli
Database Administrator
Pioneer Electronics Received on Wed Aug 07 2002 - 13:34:14 CDT