Re: tcp ip oracle port(s)

From: Syltrem <syltremspammenot_at_videotron.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 12:40:48 -0400

The way I've done it is by using the Oracle Connection Manager (CMAN)

You start it inside the firewall, with your clients outside connecting thru port 1610 (as default).
If you try to connect to Oracle from outside the firewall with SQL*Net and port 1521 (your current config), the problem is that every connection is assigned an arbitrary port number which you need to open. Might as well shutdown the firewall.

There are other solutions I think, but this one works great for us. We don;'t have lots of traffic, CMAN may be a bottleneck in the future.

Some firewalls also have a SQL*Net support. Check with your vendor.

HTH

--

Syltrem
http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem (OpenVMS related web site - en français)

9592lucbg35pkulg9mkneujlc4ahbfasv7_at_4ax.com...