Re: Problems with Oracle Universal Installer on W2K

From: Richard Foote <Richard.Foote_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 21:25:24 +1000

Hi Roland,

Ok work with me on this.

I need you to sit down on the floor, cross legged, with a David Bowie album in your lap (any will do). Now close your eyes, concentrate and slowing sing "Ground control to Major Tom, Ground Control to Major Tom ..."

Excellent, we've made contact !!

Ok, I see a 4, it's getting clearer, it's a Pentium IV. You have a Pentium IV box. Yes !!

Ok, the solution. Keep singing, I see something. It's a Boogie, no wait, it's a Google, a Google search and it's leading me to a link. Hold on, yes, I've got it !!

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=pentium+4+install+problems+group:comp.databases.oracle.server&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3cebc522%40news.mhogaming.com&rnum=1

Phew, got there. When you combine the power of David Bowie with the power of the Google archives, it's just incredible what one can achieve :)

Good Luck

Richard