Re: accessing SQLPlus variables.................

From: Jusung Yang <jusungyang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2002 22:01:10 -0700

I think you may be going about it the wrong way. Your concern should be how to prevent users from accessing a particular schema directly, or how to limit what they can do once they are in that schema, not what TOOL they use for the access. There are as many ways users can access a schema as there are database accessing tools. SQL*PLUS is but one of them. Look up ORACLE DOC on the security issues. Pay special attention to "role" manipulation, PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE (PUP) table.