Installation errors on AIX, now need to do startup force to get db started

From: Winbatch <winbatch_at_techie.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 00:07:02 -0400

Hi,
I recently tried to install oracle 8.1.6 on AIX 4.3.3. During the installation, it yelled that it could not find /usr/ccs/bin/make. I hit ignore and was able to complete the installation. However, the only way I can get the database to start is to go into svrmgrl and type startup force. Using dbstart always gets me just "database warm started".

Two questions:
- Can I correct the /usr/ccs/bin/make issue now that the product has been
installed? Do I need to?
- Is this related to the startup force issue?

Thanks Received on Tue Aug 06 2002 - 23:07:02 CDT