Oracle Patch woes

From: Vince Laurent <vlaurent_at_NOSPAM.networkusa.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:20:18 -0500

I completed a SAP install fresh from the CDs for Oracle/HP_UX64. The SAP system works, the Omniback backup works, everything starts and stops OK

Now to apply the patch. I un tar'd the patch and went to install it. I got the following message:

According to the product registry, Oracle8 64-bit Option has never been installed. Are you sure you want to install patch release version 8.0.6.3.0?

When I fire up svrmgrl I see:

SVRMGR> select * from V$VERSION;
BANNER

Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.6.0.0 64bit - Production
PL/SQL Release 8.0.6.0.0 - Production
CORE Version 4.0.6.0.0 - Production
TNS for HPUX: Version 8.0.6.0.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 3.3.3.0.0 - Production
5 rows selected.

Ideas?
Thanks!
Vince Received on Tue Aug 06 2002 - 17:20:18 CDT