Please advice: Multiple Schemas or multiple db

From: Ak <a_sood_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2002 14:19:09 -0700

Hi,
I have an 8.1.7 db running on Windows2K, the db will house data for multiple companies. I am contemplating whether to house each company in an individual schema or ceate seperate databases for each comapany. The number of companies would grow to hundreds in the future. I can house all companies under the same schema, but this would limit my ability to migrate companies selectively to newer versions and make the migration process a nightmare as I would have to migrate every company (all data) at one time.
Which would be a better alternative, as far as performance, managability, and cost involved.
I am aware that many other factors would affect such a decision, but I am hoping to get inputs based on similar experiences.

Thanks!
Ak
OCP,Database Administrator Received on Tue Aug 06 2002 - 16:19:09 CDT