Re: Error occured when I wanna drop any view or index

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2002 06:29:07 -0700

"fish" <zuohong.f.yu_at_bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:<ainir5$h3a$1_at_mail.cn99.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> Thesedays I'm learning SQL in my ORACLE8i+RedHat7.2 environment.
> I can *create* index and view as I need. But there's an error message
> occured when I want to *drop* any view or index:
> SQL> drop view myview1;
>
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-04052: error occurred when looking up remote object
> I don't know what happened this time. Please give me some guide.
> Thank you so much.
>
> fish

Barring a bug I am unware of the 04052 seems to indicate remote objects are involved. Did you define any database links? Did you create synonyms or views that reference remote objects?

If the answers to the above questions are false check dba_objects for any invalid objects belonging to SYS and for the appearence of objects that should be owned by SYS like dbms_system, dbms_lock, dba_synonyms etc.... under another ID. Delete the wrong owner objects and rerun catalog/catproc as SYS.

Then repeat the drop above.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Aug 06 2002 - 08:29:07 CDT