Re: Where can I find all the error code for Oracle 8i?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:49:17 +0100

Oracle supply a utility oerr on unix platforms that gives the error message (and IIRC) resolution actions for any given error code

eg oerr 01041 for ora 01041.

the errors are also searchable at tahiti.oracle.com (which is a must for windows users).

There is a discussion about other approaches for when oerr is not available (as on windows) at

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/windowsoerr.html

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA