Re: convert CL8WIN1251 to UTF8

From: Richard Foote <Richard.Foote_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:38:45 +1000

Hi Roger,

I agree there is no excuse for rudeness but I think your comments that

"this particular newsgroup has a lot of regulars who only want to

embarrass new or novice posters" is a bit harsh. I believe the vast

majority of posts by the vast majority of posters (regular or otherwise)

are positive and constructive.

I also believe that doing some basic research and querying the archives

is a valid point to make (and one worthy of being remade as necessary).

I agree that many newbies may not be aware of the google searching

facilities and that's why this point quite legitimately is repeatedly

made. The answers to many questions are there waiting to be accessed and

a quick search (generally all it takes) will often achieve faster

results than waiting for a reply (especially in the time zone I enjoy).

I personally try to be amiable and if I unintentionally offend, I hope that it be brought to my attention. It does all get a bit too serious sometimes, that's generally my cue to jump in :)

Cheers

Richard