Re: convert CL8WIN1251 to UTF8

From: JC <jeffc_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 17:26:57 -0400

koert54 wrote:

> For once I support Sybrand's statement :-) (no offense Sy-dude)
> Anyone claiming things like 'but on page x on this book it states ...'
> without even trying it out makes
> me smile :-)

What doesn't make me smile is when two seperate publications by Oracle contridict one another. All the study material I get from Oracle (and outside Oracle) states it's important to set NLS stuff when you create the database because it can't be changed after.

If also mentioned that I could be wrong because I have seen other errors in Oracles OCP exam study material. I was interested to find out about it. Im not going to go through the hassle of creating a database then changing the NLS paramaters before I post a message in the newsgroup. You could politely reply by saying "Yes, Oracle got that wrong in that publication". Thats what I was expecting to hear instead of ego gloating like the above. Received on Mon Aug 05 2002 - 16:26:57 CDT