Sales tax DB

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 21:35:53 GMT

This is a little off topic..

But does anybody have an inexpensive updatable source of sales taxes by zip code (ASCII)? So far I've found one for 1500$, which I view as a bit expensive

We collect taxes in 5 states, and apparently accounting wants us to collect taxes by county as well (btw, the Internet Tax Freedom Act makes internet sales same as catalog sales, which means that we have to have a 'presence' to collect sales tax in a particular state, would the same principles apply to counties? In other words do we have to collect taxes for counties in which we have presense in?)

Thanx for any help.
We use Oracle 8.1.7.3 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Mon Aug 05 2002 - 16:35:53 CDT