Re: Any way to look at SQL statements sent to database?

From: Thomas Gaines <Thomas.Gaines_at_noaa.gov>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:36:59 -0600

Randi -

I don't have any opinion on the ocispy tool that Herman is recommending, but is there anything wrong with a plain ol' trace on your particular session? If you're not familiar with it, check out the session-modifiable parameter SQL_TRACE. When turned on, a trace file will be created for each session to which SQL_TRACE applies. To make the trace file (you can find it under whatever directory is specified in user_dump_dest) more readable, run it through tkprof and its sorting options in order to make the tkprof output appear in whatever order (elapsed CPU time, number of buffer gets, e.g.) you like.

I don't know of a way to obtain the values of bind variables using this technique,
but it works pretty well. I use it all the time to find out what my third-party application is doing behind the scenes.

Happy trails,
Tom