Re: ORA-12514 Listener can't resolve SERVICE_NAME

From: JC <jeffc_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 15:16:14 -0400

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> You are aware you are running a desupported version on an uncertified
> platform? Doing so you can expect about anything as Oracle never
> tested it, and they're not going to help you out, on both counts.
> That said, if you service_name parameter in init<sid>.ora doesn't read
> the LIN1, that is the explanation for receiving 12514.
> I would recommend to downgrade that box to win2k.

As I understand it 8.1.6 is unsupported as of December. At least according to our IS staff responsible for lisences. This one is a development database network for very experimental stuff.

My ideal situation would be to run 9i on nothing but Unix/Linux environment. But we aren't there yet. Received on Mon Aug 05 2002 - 14:16:14 CDT