Re: dbms_utility.get_time returns negative number

From: Thomas Gaines <Thomas.Gaines_at_noaa.gov>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 10:31:56 -0600

John -

It should be alright. Assuming that you checked out the Oracle documentation
pertaining to this function, you'll know that the get_time function measures
time from some arbitrary point. This function is normally called twice to
measure the time passage of stuff in between those calls.

For an example of how this function can be used, see a snippet of Tom Kyte's column "Java Tips, JDBC,
PL/SQL Stored Procedures, and Custom Prompts" at http://www.oracle.com/oramag/oracle/00-nov/index.html?o60tom.html. Look near the bottom.

Tom