DBMS_OUTPUT... buffer full !!

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:49:39 +0100

Mahesh,

have you called DBMS_OUTPUT.Enable(1000000) as part of the proc ? If not you have a prtetty small buffer.
The maximum buffer size is 1 million (Oracle 7 and 8.0) or 2 million (Oralce 8i) [I think !!!] and you cannot, as far as I am aware, exceed these limits.

The only way to flush the buffer is :

	read from it in the same session that wrote to it (GET_LINE)
	disable output and re-enable it - but this trashes the contents
of the buffer.

Basically, the things you don't want *are* the things you need - sorry.

Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator