Re: Heterogeneous Services Agents

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 5 Aug 2002 06:46:42 -0700

Hugues Parvillers <Hugues.Parvillers_at_AgdF.com> wrote in message news:<3D4CF54C.DD49FAFA_at_AgdF.com>...
> Works fine on 9i but does it on 817 ????
>
> Andy Sutorius a écrit :
>
> > ng,
> >
> > I'm looking for success stories (or horror) regarding Oracle's
> > Heterogeneous Services Agents. I'm in the HQ IT dept of a thread
> > manufacturer where they have a VMS flat file/index db, an Oracle 8.?
> > db, and a SQL Server 2000 db.
> >
> > What I want to do is use Heterogeneous Services Agents to pull data
> > from the VMS db into Oracle and then have Oracle push data to SQL
> > Server.
> >
> > All wisdom/experience/stories are appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Andy

I have set up and tested the use of heterogenous services on AIX with version 8.1.7.2 to insert and select from SQLServer with the ODBC driver sold by Data Direct. No agent is required with this driver as it is a type 4.

I do not know about being able to read from a VMS flat file/index db since I am unfamilar with them.

See Metalink documents 115098.1 Quick Start Guide: UNIX Generic Connectivity using ODBC and 124943.1 Problems with locating Heterogenous Services Product on UNIX. This feature is supported on 8.1.7+ on Sun, HP, AIX, and NT only.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Aug 05 2002 - 08:46:42 CDT