Re: URGENT:Logging in oracle server

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 15:06:48 +0100

Jackie wrote:

> Hi!
> Is there a way to determine who logged on to Oracle server and issued
> sql commands and manipulated database?
> My company's database is badly changed by someone and I want to track
> users who logged on to the server?
> Does oracle log this kind of information?

In addition to the suggestions other have given you look at the new (with 8i) trigger types such as

The System triggers

                         AFTER LOGON
                         BEFORE LOGOFF
                         AFTER STARTUP

The DDL triggers
                         BEFORE / AFTER CREATE
                         BEFORE / AFTER ALTER
                         BEFORE / AFTER DROP
                         BEFORE / AFTER ANALYZE
                         BEFORE / AFTER ASSOCIATE STATISTICS
                         BEFORE / AFTER DISASSOCIATE STATISTICS
                         BEFORE / AFTER AUDT
                         BEFORE / AFTER NOAUDIT
                         BEFORE / AFTER COMMENT
                         BEFORE / AFTER DDL
                         BEFORE / AFTER GRANT
                         BEFORE / AFTER REVOKE
                         BEFORE / AFTER TRUNCATE

Using them will allow you to track everything.

Daniel Morgan Received on Sun Aug 04 2002 - 09:06:48 CDT