Oracle SNMP

From: Simon Harvey <noThanks_at_pdf.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 12:44:08 +0100

Hi I'm a University student doing a project on oracle and I just found out i need to use oracle's snmp facilities. I've looked on the oracle site which was quite usefull but what I really need is a book or something with an easy tutorial which wont make things more complicated thatn they already are.

All I've downloaded is the oracle 9i database from the oracle site. I keep hearing about the oracle intelligent agent. What is that? Do I have everything i need to get going with oracle and snmp.

I just want to be able to set warning so that the database tells me when something of concern happens. However, I NEED to use snmp to do this (sob, sob).

My kindest thanks to anyone who can point me towards some tutorials on it

Take care

Simon Received on Sun Aug 04 2002 - 06:44:08 CDT