Re: Help Oracle8i Personal

From: Tom Underhill <tom.underhill_at_alandick.co.uk>
Date: 4 Aug 2002 03:19:41 -0700

elna <elna_at_aol.com> wrote in message news:<3D4C8ED7.41ED1526_at_aol.com>...
> I just installed Oracle8i Personal on a PC running Windows 98.
> I need to find out how to create a DNS ODBC data source
> to link the default database that comes with Oracle Personal.
> I want to be able to link to this database through MS Access 97.
>
> Can anyone help!!!
> elna_at_zebra.net

You'll need to create a "file DSN" or "File Data Source" in ODBC Manager that points to your Oracle Database. You then need to open access,
go FILE|GET EXTERNAL DATA|LINK TABLES. Then select file type of "ODBS Databases ()". Select you database from the "File Data Source", click ok. if all is well you should get a connection box which will then connect to the database and give you a choice of tables to link. hope this helps. Received on Sun Aug 04 2002 - 05:19:41 CDT