Re: Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.1) + Redhat Linux 7.2 = Cannot create tablespace file > 2 gb

From: Tom <trenfro_at_i-55.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 00:10:13 -0500

>>Everything appears to be working properly with both database instances,
>>however we are unable to create a tablespace file that is larger than 2
>>GB.

What filesystem are you using for RH? By default RH uses ext2 (<= RH7.1) and ext3 (> RH7.1). ext2 and ext3 have an innate maximum filesize of 2GB. Support for files > 2GB is planned for the ext2 and ext3 filesystems in the 2.6 Linux kernel. For now either stay at or under 2GB (my choice usually) or go with a different filesystem type. There are 5 or 6 of them, but I don't know which have large file support.

Hope this helps...

-Tom Received on Sun Aug 04 2002 - 00:10:13 CDT