Re: /tmp directory

From: Eve Höllwarth <evelyne_h_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 20:01:02 +0200

"Warren E Bullock III" <wbullock_at_twcny.rr.com> wrote

>I was trying to install oracle and as it was trying to write to the /tmp
>directory it failed... the installation got about 30 percent through and
>then complained that the /tmp directory did not have enough space to
>complete the installation... :-( When I installed Redhat 7.3 I let the
>machine configure the partitions... Can I re-install and configure the
>partitions differently to give the /tmp directory much more space.. I know
>that the installation gave the /usr partition 12 GIG.. Should I re-install
>and give the /usr partition less.. What partition does the /tmp directory
>reside on?

I've had once a similar problem on sun during install of oracle ee 8.1.7 and maybe the solution fits to linux also. You need at least 400M free space in /tmp. If there's not enough you can create the needed directories (/tmp, /tmpdir, /temp) where ever you have enough space and set these variables before installing oracle. See note 177902.1

kind regards
Eve Received on Sat Aug 03 2002 - 13:01:02 CDT