Re: Just passed 8i OCP

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 13:14:57 GMT

> 1. When should you consider creating more than two control files?
> 2. Are there conditions under which you should not create a large number
> of control files?
> 3. If you create multiple control files how should they be distributed to
> optimize scalability and performance?
>
> Now that kind of knowledge has value.
>
> Daniel Morgan

By the way Daniel,
when should I consider creating more than one control file ? I thought it was depending more or less on the number of disks. The installation wizard defaults to three, perhaps they think you should not even try to use Oracle unless you have a minimum of three physical drives, which means buying 9 disks if you want a Raid-5 system, but now I understand there is more to know about this subject, so please share the recipe!

Thanks,
Flavio Received on Sat Aug 03 2002 - 08:14:57 CDT