Setting MTS behind a firewall

From: Álvaro Palma Aste <queria_direccion_at_el.perla.invalid>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 20:28:42 +0000 (UTC)

Hi, I´ve a Linux machine running Oracle 8.1.7. In this machine I´ve also configured a firewall using iptables (RedHat 7.2), and I allow incoming packets to port 1521 (listener port). But if I set up the MTS server, as known it opens a second port, which changes each time the database is stopped/started, and thereby, I cannot put a new rule in my firewall relative to that port.

The MTS is set using the sintax:

mts_dispatchers = "(PROTOCOL=TCP)"
mts_dispatchers = "(PROTOCOL=IPC)(DISPATCHERS=1)"
mts_max_dispatchers = 5
mts_servers = 1
mts_max_servers = 10

I search in metalink, and I find that the port can be set using:

mts_dispatchers = "(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=my_ip_address)(PORT=fixed_port))"
mts_dispatchers = "(PROTOCOL=IPC)(DISPATCHERS=1)"
mts_max_dispatchers = 5
mts_servers = 1
mts_max_servers = 10

but I probed it and it doesn´t work!!!!

Does anybody know what am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot, and sorry for my english :-)

--
Atte.
Álvaro Palma Aste

Sting - They Dance Alone...