problem while installin oracle 817 on linux

From: Jean-Baptiste Broccard <jiballe_at_free.fr>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 22:23:26 +0200

Hello everybody,

My wish is to make an installation of Oracle 817 on Linux Mandrake 8.0. I have already downgraded my glibc and installed the good JDK, following guides over Internet. So i tried a : runInstaller on the console of the linux-box and the Gui appeared whithout any problem. Now I connect myself through SSH, that's Ok if I launch an xterm, xclock, Netscape but not the famous runInstaller. See my logs :

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from
../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expanded/linux/bin/jre. Please wait...
SIGSEGV received at bfffee60 in
/usr/src/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expanded/li nux/lib/linux/native_threads/libjava.so. Processing terminated

Then it goes on talking displaying Kernel variables. And terminate on :

System Monitor Status

    Thread queue lock:     unowned.
    Name and type hash table lock:     unowned.
    String intern lock:     unowned.
    JNI pinning lock:     unowned.
    JNI global reference lock:     unowned.
    Zip lock:     unowned.
    BinClass lock:     unowned.
    Class loading lock:     unowned.
    Java stack lock:     unowned.
    Code rewrite lock:     unowned.
    Heap Lock:     unowned.
    Has finalization queue lock:     unowned.
    Finalize me queue lock:     unowned.
    Integer lock access-lock:     unowned.
    Monitor cache lock:     unowned.
    Monitor registry:     unowned.

Object Monitor Status

OK

And back to linux prompt.

I had the same problem while installing Websphere, so i directly connected Exceed on the server and that was Ok.

Have you already had this problem ?

Thanks a lot for helping me.

Salutations,

JBB Received on Fri Aug 02 2002 - 15:23:26 CDT