oleDB and Oracle 9

From: Oliver Otto <ootto_at_genese.de>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 19:40:03 +0200

Hallo,

how can I access via Microsoft's oleDB to an Oracle Server. If I install the Oracle oleDB drivers everything seems to work fine without any timestamps. The application crash directly while reading any data.

Now I want to install the oleDB from Microsoft for Oracle but can not connect. Any hints to this ..? The

May connect string looks like this:

Call SqlCreateSession( hSession, "Provider='MSDAORA';User ID='sysadm';Password='sysadm';Data Source='pa01hbor';" )

The database is accessable in fact of the point that the following command works (ok this is the Oracle oleDB driver, but it shows that it is not the connection.):

Call SqlCreateSession( hSession, 'Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;User ID=sysadm;Password=sysadm;Data Source=PA01HBOR;' )

The error message is: "Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle." It looks like if the connect string is still wrong but it looks like the examples from the Microsoft homepage ..?!?

Thanx for any hint

Oliver Received on Fri Aug 02 2002 - 12:40:03 CDT