Re: book recommendation for Oracle 8 administration

From: Mike Ault <mikerault_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 2 Aug 2002 06:08:40 -0700

Version 8 eh? I would reccommend my Oracle8 Administration and Management from Wiley press but:

  1. I am not sure it is still available
  2. I found I left out the user admin section during the rewrite to the 8i version! How I could just skip over a whole chapter I don't know...
  3. The 8i version is a much better book

Therefore, I suggest using the Oracle8i Administration and Management book from John Wiley and Sons written by yours truely. I also suggest the Oracle8i Handbook from Loney and the Oracle8i Complete Reference also from Loney.

Mike