Re: Next extent with Locally managed tablespace on 9i

From: Christian M. <cm_at_sdv.fr>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:57:37 +0200

I've have create a LMT named "ENTETE" with uniform size=64KB I've imported my table.
After select * from dba_segments

    SEGMENT_NAME                  PROG
    SEGMANT_TYPE                   TABLE
    BLOCK                                    16384
    EXTENTS                                64
    INITIAL_EXTENT                   66355200
    NEXT EXTENT                        NULL

I've inserted rows until i have a new extent ! select * from dba_tablespace

TABLESPACE_NAM                 ENTETE
BLOCK_SIZE                             4096
INITIAL_EXTENT                     65536
NEXT_EXTENT                         NULL
MIN_EXTENTS                         1
MAX EXTENTS                         2147483645
PCTINCREASE                         NULL
MIN_EXTLEN                           65536
EXTENT_MANAGEMENT       LOCAL
ALLOCATION_TYPE               SYSTEM

SEGMENT_SPACE_MANAGEMENT MANUAL select * from dba_tables
SEGMENT_NAME                  PROG
SEGMANT_TYPE                   TABLE
BLOCK                                    18432
EXTENTS                                65
INITIAL_EXTENT                   66355200
NEXT EXTENT                        NULL

Why my next extent is 8M ( 2048) block ? Have know the value of the next extent if this value is NULL in DBA_TABLES ?

thanks