8.1.7 install on windows 2000 professional

From: Fred.J <fred.j_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:27:33 +0000 (UTC)

I have installed two different manufacturers laptops with windows 2000 and wish to run 8.1.7 on each. The first progressed to completion without problems. The second fires up the universal installer from the CD briefly, then when I go to install it disappears from the screen without error. There are no errors in the event log.

Each machine is running W2k SP2.

I can get 8.1.5 to install fine but I cannot use that version of the installer to load 8.1.7 as it claims there is a version conflict.

Has anyone encountered this problem or know of a workaround ?

Regards,

Fred J Received on Fri Aug 02 2002 - 04:27:33 CDT