Re: Next extent with Locally managed tablespace on 9i

From: <Kenneth>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 08:30:24 GMT

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:10:29 +0200, "Christian M." <cm_at_sdv.fr> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I want to migrate on 9i.
>Before I was using DMT but now the default tablespace is LMT.
>Then, I have created my new database with LMT and I have Imported data.
>
>The problem is that IMP create my tables with an INITIAL parameter equal as
>the size of the table.
>Or with LMT, INITIAL = NEXT !
>
>So if I have a table created by the import utility with an Initial extent
>of 64M, is the value of the next extent : 64 M ? If then, how can i change
>this value ?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Christian.

Hi Christian,

The next extent will only be 64 M if your LMT was actually created with a uniform extent size of 64 M. Check column "next_extent" in DBA_SEGMENTS. When you create a segment in a LMT, NEXT is ignored, whereas INITIAL is not. So NEXT will alway be either equal to the uniform extent size specified at TBS creation or calculated by Oracle ( autoallocate),